Thursday, September 28, 2023

Talk coming up

I am giving a talk on Monday.  You might not know from the title, "Wisconsin Life and Living Today", but it is my attempt to mention some tools and practices that tend to contribute to a good life.  I wrote this list to guide my talk:

  1. Meditation

  2. Appreciation

  3. Helping Others

  4. Facing and discussing fears

  5. Jotting at least a note a day, or at least regularly

  6. Activity and exercise

  7. Gratitude

  8. Surround yourself with pleasing things

  9. Maintaining friendships, creating new ones

  10. Have a social life


I think the ideas listed are fairly understandable.  I also think a meditative practice is surprisingly helpful.  Spending a short time in a good posture with a timer that makes a sound but no devices or games or exercise does indeed improve self knowledge and appreciation and understanding.  If you want some advice, I recommend Jack Kornfield, Sylvia Boorstein and/or Larry Rosenberg.  The basic clue is you don't need hours or weeks - just a steady practice.  You can search for those names with the search window on my blog.  It is on https://fearfunandfiloz.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby