Sunday, September 17, 2023

Saved when I retired

I retired in 2008.  At that time, I had made basic instructions for several courses online.  I thought it would be a good idea to remove the files from the UWSP computers since I wouldn't be teaching those courses any more and others teaching similar courses would do so with different structure and content than I use. Lynn knew the computer language for HTML web pages better than I did and the web pages she made were a big help to my students and to me.  I saved my creations and hers.  I have been looking forward to selecting some of the more appropriate pages as blog topics.  


Today, I finally got up on a step ladder and go an external compact disk drive down so I could look at the saved files.  I haven't been very successful so far.  It has been long enough since I even read a CD or a DVD that I couldn't figure out how to see the file names on a disk.  I am making a little progress but I am not there yet.  I read once that the changing format of disks and files is a challenge to libraries and academic institutions and historians trying to preserve access to writings in those media.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby