Sunday, September 24, 2023

63 years

I was quite surprised when Lynn said "Happy Anniversary" today.  I can't recall each of our 63 anniversaries but I think this is the first time in that many years that the day began and I didn't recognize the event by myself.  My daughter recognized the date and congratulated us but I needed to be told by Lynn. I like my marriage and consider myself quite lucky to have a woman as intelligent, energetic and multi-talented as a wife.  As a college freshman, I was impressed with my English prof called the roll and said when he called Lynn's name that her last name seemed Finnish.  Her skin and hair still supports the idea of her Finnish ancestry.   She has ancestors from the area of the Finnish town of Rovaniemi, on the Arctic Circle.  It is the capital of the Finn province of Lapland. Liking her and her company, I want to stay married to her.  She is unusual in many ways, not least of which is that while her paternal ancestry is Finn, her maternal line is Spanish and Cuban and Swedish and Taino, which is native American from the Caribbean.  I have my doubts I could find a replacement that is even close to as talented.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby