Saturday, September 23, 2023

Fall, two books and garlic

We are now officially experiencing fall. The fall equinox occurred here this morning. Fall will end on Dec.  21 at 9:57 AM CST.


Lynn and I are now reading the book "Leaving Church" by Barbara Brown Taylor.   Lynn heard about the book from our friend Barbara Dixson.   Lynn recognized the book as one we had read.  It is hard for me to believe that I have already read it once.  Maybe I have become more sensitive but it is very good writing about religion and being a woman leader of a congregation.


I am reading "The Inbetween", a non-fiction story of a young woman hospice worker.  Both books are excellent.


We recently got a recipe for a pasta dish and Lynn cooked it.  It makes quite a bit and I served it for the second time last night.  It has a good amount of garlic in it.  Lynn finds it quite strong but I don't notice it at all.  I tend to like garlic and garlic powder.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby