Sunday, September 3, 2023

Gulp

I have been more emphatically drinking water each day since June. Between a nurse practitioner telling me I wasn't drinking enough water each day and finding the book "Quench" by Dana Cohen, MD and Gina Bria, I have felt quite improved.


I think that Dr. Cohen, having a MD degree, might have been added to try to conform to good medical advice and practice.  Gina Bria is a cultural anthropologist and got into studying Bedouin and others who live in very dry places.   As she explored human physical hydration, she saw some practices that others should adopt.  As I read through "Quench", I felt lucky to read desert people Gulp water.  I imagine I could hydrate myself drinking a pint mug of water three times a day if I sipped but I enjoy drink swallowing continuously and consuming it in 3 or 4 drinks.  Evidently, 65 and older people can benefit from hydration without realizing it they can.


I didn't undertake to drop coffee at breakfast and lunch but I find that if I gulp a pint of water first and then wait for 10 or so minutes, I can drink my coffee at any speed.


I looked up both Gina Bria and Dana Cohen.  Both women mention H3O2 as a product for hydration but so far, I am relying on Stevens Point municipal water and it has been impressively helpful. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby