Saturday, September 9, 2023

Slippery pants

I use my laptop computer quite a bit each day.  Despite the name, it sits on my desk and my desk chair is rather slippery.  If I sit up square and with good posture, my weight presses straight down and I don't slide.  But between naturally leaning forward to type and slumping, I spend quite a lot of time sliding slowly out of the chair.  Some pants are worse than others at sliding me onto the floor.  I haven't been scooted out yet but I often come close to scooting out.  I think I could wait too long to straighten up and fall right on my tailbone. 


It is not a fast process. Just a little bit at a time.  I remember once in college, Lynn slid backwards on the edge of the tub in her room and fell backwards into the tub on her tailbone. Not pleasant and can probably cause an injury.


I have thought about putting some tape on the seat to make it less slippery.  But so far, I haven't done anything preventive

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby