Monday, September 11, 2023

Having Dr. Lenore Susan Kirby as a partner

She turns 84 years old today.  It has been a pleasure to be married to her to her for 63 years.  That is long enough and a large enough portion of our lives, both mine and hers, that I have really been able to experience her personality and her judgment.  I didn't know that she would create two children, become a fulltime graduate student and end with a PhD.  I didn't know that she would lead us to trying out life at the University of Wisconsin - LaCrosse and that over time, we would move back to Point, liking the faculty at the U of W - Stevens Point and the town of Point better than LaCrosse.  She developed skill in creating and criticizing web sites and web pages, which helped me as I ran distance ed classes where I never met the students.


I kid her that she is always right.  She is an imaginative and careful thinker. Plus, her memory is better than mine.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby