Monday, May 29, 2023

Who? Me?

Between changing times and modern communication, I see more examples of what may be sloppy guilt by association.  I do think if I am often seen with gang members, it makes sense to at least suspect that I am a gang member, too.  However, I may be a sweetheart of a guy, the one trying to steer the gang into charity and helpful, healthy activities.  Before you discount my morals, try to check with me or my friends.


You might want to do similar thinking and checking if you find my background includes criminals and people with acts or activities in their history that are shady or criminal.  I realize that much of humanity paid attention to family descent so that the son of the king was next in line to be the ruler.  Similarly, people may well feel that if I am descended from Jack the Ripper or Jesse James, I might carry criminal tendencies within me.  Two parents each have parents so I have four grandparents.  During my life, I only met two of my grandparents as two were deceased before I was born.  But, again, criminals and misfits related to me might still leave me personally innocent.  


I get a sense that it is the current fashion to steadily deny any misdoing, any accusation of committing a wrong.  Still, it may be that I truly am innocent.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby