Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Passwords

When I am zipping around the internet, I come to a screeching halt when I suddenly come upon a window for a password.  I try to keep straight about what I use but I often have to click on Forgot.  After I jump through hoops to get set up properly again, I fail to write down my new credentials.  When I don't fail, I use a scrap of paper which then gets thrown away, ground up or kept in the wrong place. 


Sometimes, I am forced to use 19 step verification.  Before I finish, I get distracted or discouraged and find something else to do.  Later, I remember what I was trying to do  and go through the whole deal all over again.  This problem reminds me of yesterday's blog post that mentioned people with the same name as I have. The whole deal with passwords is about getting the right person to the right data.  So, we have the use of the face, the fingerprints, and all sorts of attempts to use the body for verification that I am indeed the account owner and I have full permission and should be let in.


So far, I think hackers have not found a way to duplicate my physical body or parts of it to get them into places they have no business being.  I do have some sympathy for hackers, though.  The other day, I checked one of my bills.  I was surprised to find that a hacker had gotten confused.  Being vulnerable to clever page layout and demanding wording, the hacker coughed up the funds and paid my bill for me!

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby