Friday, May 19, 2023

DNA and me

I recommend that you have your DNA analyzed.  There are several ways to do this and there are several companies that will do the analysis.  I have had mine done four times but two of them are no longer available.  


I think it is fun to think back on the chain of creatures that produced offspring all the way down to me.  I think it is amazing that all people had a mother and a father, even if they don't know very much about one of those contributors or maybe both of them.


I have not been very interested in whether I descend from royalty or famous people.  The important fact for me has been the long, long descent line.  If you are interested in humans and genetic lines, you may look at the 23andMe company but there are several other groups to check you out.  


I like to say that I am descended from blue-green algae and cockroaches even though people who know what they are talking about may be able to show that that is not really possible.  An interesting book I have read related to this subject is "The 10,000 Year Explosion" by Cochran, Harpending and others.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby