Monday, May 1, 2023

News sources

Five Things - not available on Saturday, from CNN

Numlock News - paragraphs about items that involve numbers

Google News

NPR News

Heather Cox Richardson

Popular Information


A person doesn't need too much news but it can be fun to read daily reports.  Some things are definitely unpleasant such as disasters, wars, disease and crimes.  We do get the local newspaper, which has shrunk.  It is often just a few pages. I am interested in what subject the headlines and front page are about.  Recently, I knew a couple of people listed in the obituaries so I have begun looking at them.  


I don't have any scientific or objective method for deciding on sources.  I like reading more than watching news on TV and if I feel I am being wrongly guided or limited, I switch.  


I remind myself that many news items are generalities and close examination might change the impression I leave with.  My state has about 5 million residents, my country 332 million and the world about 8 billion.  Many people keep their thinking on their work or a special set of projects and interests.  Neither they nor I can know much about anything so the news is filtered and shaped.  It has to be to make sense.  I currently feel that the sources listed above do a fairly good job for my tastes and interest.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby