Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Pen and paper handy

With poor hearing, it can be a help to write. Besides, the use of head and hand to make a note can be valuable exercise.  We make a shopping list that hangs on the refrigerator and we made a list of new shows we might try on our streaming television.  


A person can make many  notes on a single 8x11 in. piece of paper.  I can fold a single sheet and have it in my pocket.  Sometimes, it is possible to borrow a pen or pencil from somebody nearby but I have tried carrying a Palm ballpoint by Bazic.  They are much shorter and more compact than other ballpoints.  https://www.google.com/search?q=Palm+pen+by+Bazic

My main complaint is that the cap is too easily knocked off, possibly inking my pants.


Beyond poor hearing, I experience "senior moments", those times when I cannot recall a name that I know I know.  If I wait five or ten minutes, the elusive name often comes to me but who has five or ten minutes?  Often a concept I may want to write about is abstract and very forgettable.  I have a practice of noting five topics as candidates for the day's blog post. They are often abstract and are quite easily forgotten.  I can often forget an idea while searching for paper and pen.  I have read that anybody traveling through a doorway increases the chance of forgetting what he is thinking.  


My collection of blog posts and my websites serve as helpful repositories of ideas and my history.   I have two spiral notebooks of possible blog post topics.  I am getting ready to start a third one.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby