Sunday, May 21, 2023

Different stamps

The computer I write on runs Microsoft Windows.  Sometimes, it is helpful to be aware of what company's product you are using.  In this case, as in most, it is Microsoft Windows that is the operating system of this computer.  When I mail my blog, I basically have two pieces: the title of the post and the content, in addition to a mailing list of email addresses.  With a Windows computer, I can copy more than one item at once and have either ready to paste.  The key on laptop Windows keyboard that looks like it is meant to represent a window can keep different items copied and ready to paste, much like having two separate rubber stamps:

You load up one image at a time but holding down the Windows key and pressing V, a typical Paste key, gives the choice of which Window to paste.  This operation is sometimes described as using two clipboards.  It is handy to have the ability to stamp the subject line and to also have the ability to stamp the whole body of that day's post.


This page t.ly/46Ao (short link using Firefox browser tools) says I can have up to 24 separate stamps using Windows-paste.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby