Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Nerdy search

CNN's Five Things had a short comment and link to a situation in a Mexican soccer match where a goalie grabbed an attempt to score and kicked the ball all the way into the opposing goal.  Two of our greatgrandchildren are rigorous and devoted soccer players so we have many chances to see a game.  When a goalie makes a save, most of both teams of players are fairly close by.  In the Mexican game, no one was defending the opposing goal.  Why should they?  All the action was on the other end of the field.

t.ly/fRrT - click on this short link if you want to see the play.  Scroll down the page for the video

The goalie's kick travels the entire field and rolls into the unprotected goal at the other end of the field.


Every time I look at the video, I can feel a sense of wonder and exhilaration shoot through me.  In typical nerd manner, I wondered what was happening inside me that I so quickly and strongly felt exhilaration. I searched "exuberance" and "good excitement".  I thought dopamine has to be involved and yes: "If you have a high dopamine level, you might feel: Euphoric. Energized. "  Euphoric is exactly the word. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby