Friday, May 5, 2023

That one pump

We live on the outskirts of town and most of our trips are into town for one thing or another.  From our house into town, the route we take includes going right by a BP gas station.  That place has 6 gas pumps.   One of them has signs on it that explain profits from that one pump are donated to the local public schools.  


The station is right on my way for many trips and purposes and I like the idea of using that pump and contributing to the schools.  I needed gas this morning and I stopped by that station.  A car was pulled up to that pump so I pulled over more or less out of the way and waited.  It can sound dumb but I am actually trying to improve my waiting skills.  So, here was a chance!


There were four or five cars on the lot, which includes the pumps, a convenience store and a separate drive-through car wash.  It is quite possible to pull up to that pump, overlook the signs and get some gas.  So, I watched with interest to see if my car standing out there, doing "nothing" attracted any curiosity.  It seemed that the driver at my desired pump realized I was just waiting.  When there are several other pumps available, why would someone go to the trouble of waiting to use that one?


I don't know that woman and I don't remember the car.  I think there is only a very small chance that I will ever be in a position to ask her or to explain. 


I looked up the topic "BP gas pump donating to local schools" and found reports of similar situations from several gasoline companies at many US locations.  t.ly/cVmS

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby