Thursday, May 4, 2023

I went to see my nurse practitioner

I went to see my nurse practitioner today. She would like to see me gain a little weight.  I am going to try to consume a few more calories each day.  I had my blood pressure checked and the sound of my breathing. I will probably live another few months, at least.  


Well, what she actually said was that I am doing well but it might be good if I lost a few pounds.  


I have never lived to this age before and I am finding what happens interesting.  I don't plan to live to a great age but what I plan and what happens are often different.


I don't like using the term "nurse practitioner".  I want to use "doctor" or "physician" but I know that would be misleading and against typical usage.  I have spent plenty of time thinking about the effect of education and the use of degree names like "MD".  I haven't got a term that fits and that I like

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby