Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Important moments

I have been looking over the titles of Kindle books I own.  There are several thousand of them and I don't know my own collection very well. I often have the experience of learning of a book that sounds interesting, looking it up on the Amazon website and seeing a little note that I own that book.  That has happened often enough that I am trying to go through them and read ones I have skipped and re-read ones that strike me as worth a second look, now that I am old and wise.


Books by the deceased author Robert A. Johnson are charming, unusual and informative.  I have re-read "She: Understanding Feminine Psychology" ($10.99 in Kindle format) and I am half-way through "He: Understanding Masculine Psychology"($13.99 in Kindle), both by Johnson, who has several other books.  Johnson and Carl Jung paid much attention to myths and worked to see important facts and trends in them that apply to our lives.  


Young people of late high school, early college years, say from age 15 and beyond for many, often cannot tell very clearly when they come upon a pivotal moment in their lives.  When you are living along, everything seems important and mundane at the same time.  Inspired by "He", I thought of what seem to be pivotal moments in my life.  I have mentioned them in several posts in this blog.  Going to college was one and to graduate school was another.


When my high school teacher asked us about plans, I wrote "the Navy and college after I save money".  A few days later, our guidance counselor said "Go to college."  After teaching the 5th grade for a couple of years, I learned that I needed an advanced degree to continue.  Once I had those goals in mind, it was fairly straightforward to reach them.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby