Saturday, December 9, 2023

Or, should I just live any old way?

My friend said," My parents' both developed brain problems as they aged.  What does that mean for me?I alternate between being a vegan marathoner and just living any old way with wine and good times."


I suspect that many people more or less automatically pick one side or the other: work to extend my life to the maximum possible length or just forget the thorny questions about maximum longevity and "live it up" until the end.  Both strategies seem to have to proceed with uncertainty.  Death can come in surprising ways and nothing is certain.  Another friend, one who owned 64 bicycles and was indeed a long distance bike rider, just died of a heart attack.  Should he have been more moderate with exercise?  Depends on what he wanted, MAYBE.


I guess it could help to accept the idea of dying instead of hating it while trying not to waste chances to live well and do good.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby