Saturday, December 23, 2023

Accommodating our coldest season

Well, winter has been around for hours now so we are rather used to it.  It really hasn't been bad so far.  Jane says the sunlight still doesn't last enough but she agrees to be patient.  Just so you know, I have several Janes in my life so it is probably not you that I am writing about.


We had my first Christmas party in an assisted living residence and it was both eye-opening and fun.  I see the problem with having lots of abilities and body features as we do, compared to fugus or viruses - with many features that evolution and biology have given us, we have lots of things we like and pride ourselves on that we can lose and miss. Henry David Thoreau took to the woods, except for home visits for his mom to do his laundry, seeking simplification and I find it is a helpful side to nurture but not overdue.


Today is Christmas Eve Eve so tomorrow is Christmas Eve.  That means that tomorrow night, Santa might leave me something.  There are more things I don't want, don't need, or am too short to reach but I may get enough chocolate to fill any gap. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby