Sunday, December 17, 2023

Internal timers and clocks

My timers and clocks run fast.  I know that and try to slow them down.  I also try to allow for agitation and ants in my pants.  Naturally, if an event is coming that I want and look forward to, the effect is stronger but some of that higher temperature is present with coming actions and activities that I want to get over with, too.


I basically go to bed at 10 PM and wake up at 6 AM.  As Steve Levine informed me, it says in the Bible "He brews" and so I make the coffee.  Neither of us seems to be terribly dependent on morning caffeine but it does matter.  There are a few days that I don't wake up around 6 AM and we are both of an age that one day, we might not wake up at all.  So, we are each somewhat on watch for a partner who died in sleep.  As Woody Allen said,"So far, so good".


Meditating for 5 - 15 minutes has given me more experience sensing my time estimation and internal clock setting.  It has been a very good thing to practice.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby