Friday, July 8, 2022

Talk

(1)  We have been together for more than 60 years.  I am pretty sure she basically likes me even though I mouth off sporadically.  She is not one to be mouthed off to without returning fire.  We are driving home from a nice breakfast and reviewing the good points and impressions.  

Me: (appreciating her intelligence and multi-faceted thinking) "I love you."

Her: "I wish I could say the same."

Good thing I have poor hearing and tough skin, huh?


(2) Our friend is an elegant and sophisticated woman.  She recently fell and hurt herself.  She needs help getting ready for bed.  She invited the two of us to take turns helping her on alternate nights.

    Me: You probably won't want my hands on your body.

    Friend: Sorry, Bill

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby