Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Blood

Physicians have said I should stay on a blood thinner to be safe since I have something in my blood .  I have been taking one for a couple of years. Blood thinners are supposed to make one's blood less likely to form a clot in the wrong place in the body.  But blood thinners make bleeding easier and faster.  


This morning, I accidentally cut myself getting on my bike.  As I age, I have a tough time lifting my leg high enough to get on the bike.  I gave myself a little cut on the zipper of the bag behind the bike seat.  I saw it was bleeding but I didn't tend to it until I got home. By then, my sock was quite bloody and my shoe had blood on it and in it.  I lay down on the bedroom carpet and quieted myself. Over the next few hours, I worked at stopping the bleeding.  Lynn learned about coagulant powder from the internet and went and found some and bought it.


It is "Bleed Stop" and it works pretty well.  However, when I move, stand or walk to our mailbox, it starts up again.  We are going to see what the ER can do about it.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby