Friday, July 29, 2022

Recognizing beauty

Several things combined: excellent weather, Deb Dana's "Anchored", wonderful conversation between two women potters.  Plus good spirits expressed by walking companions and happy words spoken.  


Lately, I have been looking over my highlights from Chade-Meng Tan's book, "Joy on Demand".  He means by the title habits and procedures to enable feeling joyous whenever that feeling is desired.  Here is a link to my highlights from the book: https://fearfunandfiloz.blogspot.com/2022/07/your-kindle-notes-for-joy-on-demand-art.html


This morning, my friends were particularly happy and upbeat and it is easy for me to get elevated when they are like that. It can be difficult for a younger person to grasp what it means to an older person when a younger shows automatic behavior reminiscent of many a move the elder has made.


I used to work with computers and programming and I still do, every day.  So, in the age of artificial intelligence and machine learning, when I listen to a serious conversation between two artists, I can appreciate the beautiful timing and shape of that talk.  Suggestions delivered just so, opinions that match and opinions that contrast - humans have an ability to transmit affection and respect in so many ways and so cleverly and so delicately that they tend to challenge our best efforts to duplicate them.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby