Thursday, July 21, 2022

Bleeding 2.0

I left yesterday's blog post at the point where we were going to go to the ER to stop my little wound from bleeding.  


But she consulted Dr. Google about bleeding while on a blood thinner and she learned about "Bleed Stop", a powder version of a styptic pencil.  That's the implement that a person uses to stop bleeding from a shaving cut.  She poured some of the powder into her hand and pressed into my cut.  The trouble was that the bleeding stopped for 10 or 15 minutes and then began again as soon as I tried to move or walk.  After three or so re-starts of bleeding, we figured we had better see what the Emergency Room could do.


Before we took off to try to get into the ER, we tried reaching my medical practitioner.  We got a nurse and she advised us to bandage the cut well.  It is quite small and Lynn bandaged it well.  I slept through the night without any trouble.  This morning, the bandage began slipping and losing its grip so she gave me a new one.  It is still good. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby