Thursday, January 21, 2021

Too busy

Every now and then, I find something or someone is too busy.  I am an American.  Don't I have a constitutional right to not be frustrated or put off because they are too busy?  I am not used to running into the problem of system overload and I don't like it. Do I look patient?  I'm not.  Let's hurry this along, please.


I live in a small city and we are used to having facilities and procedures that can accommodate our numbers nicely.  Ok, right now, we do have an unusual situation.  That new and unusual virus has come along and a vaccine has been developed for it.  In fact, three vaccines have been developed to stop the pest and there are 240 more, waiting in the wings.  It is a great business opportunity and as soon as I get my act together and my drug company founded, I am going to jump right into the game.  But as you can imagine, many locals are eager to get vaccinated against this Covid-19 so phone lines, appointment web pages, doctors offices can be too busy to talk to me about scheduling.  Our friend said between 45 and 120 minutes might be needed to wait on hold to get to talk to someone to make an appointment to get stuck in the arm.


Lynn had trouble with her Zoom account and tried to talk to their support people but she got a recording that said they were overwhelmed and just too busy.  Try again, later.


She loves the Facebook group "View from My Window".  It shows photos taken out peoples' windows from all over the world.  It is touching and thrilling and eye-opening to see backyards, front yards, sunsets, mountain tops, plains, waves.  But I can't expect my view to be posted anytime soon because the group is so popular that my picture, if it is accepted, won't be included for months.


I get about 20 emails each day, maybe five of them from actual people actually writing to me.  A good friend of mine is more active and gets about 125 emails each day.  It is not unusual for a post on this blog to get commented on three days after it is posted because people are so busy.  

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby