Thursday, January 14, 2021

Kindly acceptance

I had a weird growth on my back so I went to see the dermatologist.  He took one look at my face and said he needed to take a sample of a spot to send to a lab for analysis.  He gave me fluorouracil, which kills cells that have a tendency to turn cancerous.  I used it for weeks and things went well, but a weird looking spot developed on the side of my head.  I wanted him to take a look at it.  Lynn had an appointment with him today and we had the idea that I could tag long and ask him to glance at me to see if I needed an appointment.


I thought I might get refused entry.  I didn't have an appointment of my own.  I thought billing and procedure might dictate an official appointment for any entry.  I was appreciative of the polite acceptance by the door symptoms checker and the department secretary, the nurse, and the doctor.  He glanced and said I was ok and didn't need an appointment.


My book club selected a book that is about slavery and contains instances of magic realism.  I have read enough about slavery (and about WWII) and I wasn't interested.  Sometimes, I can lend a certain presence to the meetings and I may be able to make a helpful comment.  So, I met online later today.  Mostly, I kept my mouth shut but I did contribute a few comments.  I thought I might be asked if I had read the book but I never was.  


I am biased toward negativity.  I can remember mishaps and slights more easily than kindly acceptance.  So, I am recording both instances of quiet tolerance so that I have a record of them.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby