Monday, January 4, 2021

Geraldo Cadava and Mai Bay

Until this morning, I had never heard of either Geraldo Cadava or Mai Bay.  I saw an article that Pocket offered as a possible interest about American Hispanics for Trump.  I hadn't heard of that before either and I took a look at the article that appeared or will appear in the New Yorker.   The Pocket article offers a chance to see who wrote the article and Prof. Cadava was the author.  


[Pocket is a service connected to the Firefox browser.  The New Page button opens to a set of articles that might be of interest to the user. I think it appeared on my Windows machine while using Firefox without anything more but I might have had to ok it. I am a big fan of Pocket so far.]


I looked up Cadava and found that he is a professor of history.  I was pleased to find that he is in his 40's.  Perhaps Amazon or some other source indicated that Prof. Bay might be of interest or her book called "Race and Retail".  That was an interesting combination so I looked into more information about Bay.  Evidently, she has a Norweigian father and grew up in Norway and living in other countries but is now also a professor of history.


I am an elderly person so I find it refreshing and comforting that smart, capable, accomplished younger people are around and thinking and writing. I thought that was true naturally, but I like finding living, lively examples

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby