Friday, January 29, 2021

Tasting life

Yesterday, I asked blog readers to say what if anything lingers in their minds from reading posts here.  I haven't gotten many responses but I gather I have not been writing memorable phrases so much as suggested actions.


You might think I would know what I have been writing.  I have my own view of what I have been doing.  It's reviewing what matters to me, what stands out.  I am not trying to make money, sell goods or get subscribers.  I just want to note what I have been thinking and experiencing, what I have been perceiving and pondering:

https://fearfunandfiloz.blogspot.com/2008/03/thoughts-on-meditation.html

The situation is best captured by my experience of a bus ride through beautiful French and Italian countryside. I was the leader of the group and responsible for day-to-day upkeep of financial records. The ride provided a chance to get all my records up to date and temporarily relieve my worries about getting behind and failing in my duties. But, the countryside was very beautiful and I would probably not be coming this way again. Much like life, eh?


I could see that I might end the day with balanced books but no experience of the views, the one-time chance to see those places, those scenes.


What I wrote in 2008 still applies.  Like Michel de Montaigne, like Henry David Thoreau, like Dan Siegel, I am using the mechanism of the Fun, Fear and Filoz blog, the mechanism of my computer and keyboard, the mechanism of eye and ear and fingers and Blogger to be aware and re-aware of my life.  I enjoy reading a wide variety of books, watching tv and savoring other people.  When I write about doing those things, it is only natural that others might find the books, the tv and other people to enjoy.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby