Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Small time

I think it was my grad school course in the history of psychology where we touched on astronomers finding that their observations of astronomical events didn't always agree with each other.  They came to face the fact that the speed with which events were recognized and recorded needed to be accounted for.  Awareness of "reaction time" and "individual differences" grew.  


Maybe you have looked at the website "time.gov", run by the US Bureau of Standards and giving exact time, to the extent that is possible.  I just visited that site and was informed by the software that this computer that I am using to "word process" has an internal clock that is running slow by a third of a second.  Ok, by .364 if you want more precision.  My watch, clocks in every room, electronic devices disagree.  I have tried going around and getting them all correct but some truths are

  • I can't get them all correctly set

  • As soon as I get them more nearly the same, they begin getting out of whack


After some experience with the subject, I find it is not a matter of importance in our lives.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby