Saturday, February 10, 2024

It's an adventure!

Neither you nor I have lived this day before.  If you drive to your usual grocery store and buy your usual bread, that particular drive and that particular loaf, however much like other drives and other loaves, has never been driven before, never been bought before. What happens during the next ten minutes has never happened before!  What happens during the next ten minutes we won't know!  Oh, sure, you will know about that phone call you will make but I won't.  I won't know what you said or what Sherry said.   You won't know about the sentences I think of writing but reject.  Neither of us will know just what our blood pressure was at 2 PM and if Ethiopian spies using the usual sophisticated devices tell us, we will quickly forget the numbers.


The woman named "Byron Katie" said, "I am having the time of my life watching my body fall apart."  I like to take a version of that statement, remember that this instant is unique and note the ups and downs of this moment and the next and enjoy what is now.  I'm telling you: it is one surprise after another!

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby