Monday, February 26, 2024

Not like when I grew up

I have never been very impressive at drawing.  So, I don't expect to pick up a pencil and draw a set of lines that remind people of you. I admired the ability of a camera to capture lines, lighting, important features and faces with one click.  When I was in 4th grade, I had a darkroom where I could "develop" camera film.  It was rather simple if I was careful but it was far from instantaneous.  


The situation was far from today.  Now, a smartphone can snap a picture without a trip to a store to buy "film" and immediately send it to a friend or a social medium like Facebook.  Just as quickly and easily, today's smartphone can take a video that captures movement and sound, including speech, and send the whole thing to somebody or several bodies or a social medium like Facebook.  Unbelievable!  A Hollywood star recently said she had to be careful going in or out.  "If I slide or fall, it will be on the internet in 10 seconds."

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby