Tuesday, March 9, 2021

We had breakfast

We are back to fasting on Monday and Thursday. That practice makes Tuesday and Friday into something of a holiday.  We have little or no food in the morning on fasting days and I have been developing a hankering for soft-boiled eggs.  I am in the habit of putting 2 eggs for each of us and 2 extra to boil for three minutes.  I shell four for us and cool two so that we have 2 hard boiled eggs on hand.  The hardening takes place in 7 minutes after the three minutes of boiling.  Just sitting in water that has been brought to boiling for 7 minutes is enough.


After eating no breakfast and nearly no lunch yesterday, setting out glasses of milk, a slice of buttered toast for each of us, some French ("Maman", available at WalMart) jam, a banana each, the eggs are served.  It seems like a mini-feast.  


For a couple of hours afterward, I go around pleasantly satisfied.  I try to concentrate on the feeling of belly satisfaction and let the feeling really get into me fully.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby