Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Tuesday

I knew it would be busy today.  Tuesdays are often the busiest day of the week.  I guess they are the days often considered the day after the beginning of the week and one on which business can go on as usual.  But then, I looked it up in Google:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=which+is+the+busiest+day+of+the+work+week


The info I saw did not highlight Tuesday. But that is the day my friends have gotten together for lunch.  We are about to begin doing that again.


We were out of bananas, maybe the reason we most often go to the store.  It was emptier than usual, so the shopping went quickly until a box of blueberries opened on me and rolled in every direction across the floor.  To sweep them up, we had to move the cart a bit.  Squashed berries!  Then, the checkout machine would not, not, not accept my card. After several tries by me and the clerk, I inserted cash.  The machine refused my card multiple times.  Then, I got $5.61 in coins for change.


We had an excellent LIFE session on the history of clocks.  I jumped into a Zoom meeting of lunch friends. Lynn left to work in Gallery Q.  Seconds, later I heard her phone!  She left it behind.  Yuck and a half!  I will take it to her on the way to my hearing test.  Quick!  Eat a piece of toast with apricot jam and gulp a quick cup of coffee.  Oops!  Left the coffee pot on since 7 AM so the coffee is extra hot.  Forgot to have my morning tea so I better get the caffeine but the stuff is too hot.  Overfilled the mug.  Can't cool it with ice without spilling it.  Overfilled!  Spilled.  


By now, it is getting late.  Lynn needs her phone.  Get in the car but the car senses I don't have the fob on me.  I might be a car thief!  Go back inside for the fob.  It is warmer today so must switch to lighter jacket.  


I deliver her phone.  Go to the hearing test.  They look in my ears.  Right one: ok but left one: too much wax for a good test.  Go to the hospital without an appointment and try to get wax removed.  Get past the front checker after admitting I have no Covid symptoms.  Go to audiology on 4th floor.  Persuade desk nurse to get me to an ear cleaner.  Wait.  Wait some more.  Audiologist goes into my ear, probes, hurts a little, repeats.  OK!  Good to go.  Return to the university audiology department.  Hope to take up where I left off.   Wait awhile.   Other patients exist, too, you know.  


Get tested.  Press this buzzer if you hear a noise.  Ok, now repeat with the other ear.  Say these words.  Ok, now repeat with the other ear.


Home: eat, drink, be grateful.  Not least for the convenience of a compact community.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby