Saturday, March 20, 2021

Got it!

The book club voted to read "The Sympathizer" next.  I recommended "Polar Star" by Martin Cruz Smith but that book didn't get enough votes.  "The Sympathizer" sounds good and it has high ratings.  I checked a few sources like the library and Libby, the library e-app, but I decided to spend the money and download the book from Amazon.  It seems to me that Amazon has the best e-selection, speed, prices and convenience.


But when I went to download the book, I got a message that I bought the book in 2016 so it is already in my e-archive.  I am both pleased and chagrined.  I don't expect myself to remember every book in my library, either paper books or ebooks.  It is nice not to have to spend any money to have a copy.  Some people dislike the e-reader and prefer an old-fashioned book, the kind with weight and pages that gather dust.  


I have sometimes felt that Amazon is too pushy and sends me email about products too often.  But I do like the feature that in general, it blocks my making a second purchase that I don't need to make.  I'm the guy who has donated books to the public library, got to visit their sale, found a book I liked, paid for it, brought it home and opened it to find it was a book I had just donated.  Yes, I am attracted to that book, must have been !

---------------------------------------

Today is the first day of spring and I just saw a robin in our backyard! Honest, that is a robin, just a poor photo.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby