Tuesday, March 23, 2021

2 to 1

Today we got our second Covid shot and that's good, indeed.  Last night, I half-fell and hurt myself and that's not good.  I just finished The Phantom Tollbooth and that's good.  Here are some good quotesL

I read about a car with no engine.

    "How can you get it to move, with no engine?"

    "It goes without saying."

    ________________________

        "It seems to me that almost everything is a waste of time," he remarked one day as he walked dejectedly home from school.

_________________________

As he and his unhappy thoughts hurried along (for while he was never anxious to be where he was going, he liked to get there as quickly as possible)

________________________

"I'm afraid not," he replied sadly, as several filthy tears rolled down his beak. "I've tried, but the best I can manage to be is a nuisance

_______________________

He invariably leaped before he looked and never cared where he was going as long as he knew why he shouldn't have gone to where he'd been.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby