Monday, May 6, 2019

Sometimes I really have no idea

I thought it would be nice to have a swtichplate showing high art.  We have had this picture of the David statue by Michelangelo as a kitchen light switch plate for years.  Over time, it actually seeped into my mind that the switch itself could be taken to be David's penis. It wasn't until my teen greatgrandson refused to use that switch that I realized that other people may see a phallus immediately.  


We attended a lecture about traveling in Bhutan and saw a slide of many phallus statues for sale in a shop window.   Even I can see that the drawing depicts a male human sex organ.  


I was genuinely seeking high art and the elicitation of memories of travel in Italy.  I can't seem to help not getting the same message many other people get. Visitors to our kitchen seem to get the idea that I am flaunting male sexuality when I am just trying to turn on the lights.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby