Sunday, May 19, 2019

Quadrant 2 :From the body

After scanning what the senses are showing us, the next area in Siegel's mediation practice is the body.  What are we feeling, sensing from our body? A well-known relaxation routine is scanning the body, slowly, area by area.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do I feel from my toes?  My feet. The surfaces of my feet.  


Soccer players learn to use the various kicking surfaces of the foot:

  • Instep - Use the top surface area of your shoe just before the laces begin. ...

  • Side of the FootKick with the flat portion of your shoe. ...

  • Outside of the Foot - Use the outer surface of the front part of your foot (also referred to as "tres dedos" or "three toes" in Brazil).

Soccer Training Info - The Various Ways to Strike a Soccer Ball

------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do I feel from my calves?  My knees? My thighs? What do I feel from my hips and buttocks?


My abdomen?


All the while, I return often to my face, since that is where tension often is felt.  Are my facial muscles relaxed?


What about my chest?  My back? My shoulders?  My arms? My neck? My face, again.  My scalp?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paying attention to each part of me increases communication between my body and my mind.  I become more AWARE of what is going on with my body.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby