Sunday, October 15, 2023

What will I be for Halloween?

I enjoyed dressing up in some costume for Halloween as a kid.  I know about 8th grade, I was a Scotsman.  I think one year I was a woman.  Otherwise, I don't recall other years.  I like acting and trying to get my mood into being a different person. When I was five, I was a mysterious guest somewhere in a Christmas play, and when I left the stage, the cross on my back revealed I was the Christ child.  In 8th grade, I was a tenderfoot on a dude ranch.  In my senior year of high school, I was Captain Queeg of the USS Caine, an unstable commander of the Caine USS minesweeper, famously portrayed in the movie "The Caine Mutiny"  by Humphrey Bogart.  When Queeg was under tension, which could come at unexpected times over unexpected issues and subjects, he would "massage" a pair of ball bearings steady and rapidly in his hand round and round each other.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby