Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Stretching before and after sleeping all night

I had a sore back pop up so I went to a local chiropractic office to get advice on not having back troubles..  The practitioner I saw remembered seeing me years back, maybe ten.  As soon as she came into the room, she asked me if I remembered her from back then.  I did.   I explained I had a sore back the other day but had not had it when I woke up.   I said I was there for advice.


She advised me to stretch before going to sleep and when I woke up.  The stretches she demonstrated were somewhat like the child's pose. 

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=iba&hsimp=yhs-3&type=teff_10019_FFW_ZZ&grd=1&p=yoga+child%27s+pose+image

The soreness, sometimes rather severe that I felt, feels related to not using my back muscles all night.  I think as I age that I develop soreness more easily than when I was young.  No one has advised me to develop the habit of stretching appropriately before and after sleeping and I am eager to see what advantages and improvements I can find.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby