Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Getting the news

I basically have three sources for daily news.  Several of my friends have made it clear that the main broadcast tv companies, like CBS. ABC and NBC are their main sources but we have gotten in the habit of using the internet, not broadcast tv.  My sources are CNN's "Five Things", Google News and NPR News.  


I find it is possible to get too involved in media dispensations and news.  I do like knowing about damaging weather and gun misuse but it is little items of minor news that can strike me as odd, unpredictable and demonstrations of how surprising twists and turns can show the complexity of life on this planet.  


CNN's "Five Things" seems like an intelligent selection of items to know about.  The text is often composed by Alexandra Meeks.  I like her rather delicate and restrained language that strikes me as calm and moderate.  Google News, news.google.com gathers items from a wide range of sources.  I guess that NPR news tends to be less dramatic but I haven't made any even slightly careful comparisons

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby