Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Family birthday celebration

You and I both survived gestation, birth, childhood, and adolescence.  That is not always easy.  It is nice in some ways that we don't have to do it again.  Once is it.  There may be some days that I don't want to live over again.  


Birthdays are a good marker of achievements and accomplishments.  Given the foibles of memory, I am confident there are some not so wonderful birthdays I have had that I don't remember and some that were peachy but are forgotten.


Yesterday, Lynn and I along with Justin, a son-in-law, all marked our birthdays.  Lynn had one recently and Justin's was actually yesterday.  I have one coming up soon but we wanted to avoid tiring out family birthdayers and I think we did.  There was certainly energetic conversation among 13 people in attendance.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby