Sunday, October 29, 2023

Changes in my habits

Recently, I have made some changes.  My nurse-practitioner said my report of feeling funny made her suspect I was practicing dehydration.  She recommended 50 oz. of water drunk a day.  Most days, I reach 50 oz.  See the book "Quench" by Cohen and Bria.   One source on Google says that 75% of oldsters are dehydrated much of the time. 


I am reading "Bitch" by Lucy Cooke aloud to Lynn.  Cooke is a zoologist and is tired of the widespread assumptions, in various forms, that men are superior to women.  Cooke says that the Victorian period was especially clear that women were inferior.  On the other hand, see Ashley Montagu "s "The Natural Superiority of Women".


Recently I read this article

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/psychiatry-and-sleep/202308/cognition-boost-of-226-from-aromatherapy


I bought an inexpensive atomizer and a set of 10 "essential oils" of 10 different scents for Lynn and the same thing to me.   We both give ourselves aromatherapy each night since September.  Neither of us feels we have observed any big cognitive change.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby