Monday, November 21, 2022

I can't do that!

Lynn shared an item on Facebook about a five month old godwit that some birder tagged in Alaska.  That bird with tag flew to Tasmania, off the south coast of Australia.  It flew for 11 straight days, covering 13, 560 kilometers.  I have been to the coast of Tasmania but I had the help of planes and ships.  I didn't do that when I was five months old.  I can't fly and I couldn't walk for 11 days, non-stop.


A friend recommended we watch the PBS Nature program "Snow Bears".  We did watch it last night.  A mother polar bear bore two cubs, male and female.  Because of season change, she had to get herself and the cubs to a place where they could get food.  When she had trekked with them for some days, she managed to kill a seal, their main food.  When she ate some of the seal, it was her first food for seven (7) months!! A couple of Google results say that I might be able to last one month or two.


A month from today will be the shortest daylight of the year.  3:47 PM Central Standard Time will be the moment when the days start lengthening and we have 3 months of winter.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby