Saturday, November 19, 2022

Complexity, pills and computers

I read about how complex humans are.  Just their brains and nervous systems are quite intricate and interwoven in ways we don't understand.  We are trying but there is more to go.  I read recently that one hypothesis about advanced forms of life is that reaching our level or higher leads to extinction since we can't manage to handle our powers without missteps.  


I am interested in complexity and ways I and others deal with it.  I decided to try what might turn out to be handier with computers and connected devices.  One problem with that is I don't tend to use my devices in a popular or expected way.  Therefore, web pages and routines, even the placement of buttons, are not very much designed for my wants and tastes.  I often have enough inner fire and bulldogedness that I will keep trying various ways to get what I want, all the time following hunches and guesses as to what goal is a good one and what methods (I can understand) will satisfy my plan.


It doesn't simplify things that I keep changing what I want, what I think will be fun or interesting or worthwhile.  Various sources keep encouraging me to do good, help the poor, etc.  I can get enough goals and basic plans that they conflict with each other, plus raise my blood pressure and anger.


While I am fooling around in semi-dark, Lynn is "doing the pills".  That is a job I tried once but nearly made a hash of it.  I am trying to get Windows to accomplish a configuration I guess will be a happy one sometime in the future and she comes along with questions about what the nurse practitioner said would be good for me.  Good thing we are both retired and at ease!

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby