Sunday, November 13, 2022

Miscellany of 7

For the first time, I had my cart taken by mistake in the grocery store.  I thought I had a cart right over there but no, the cart there has several items I didn't pick.  I was pretty sure.  I looked around and there was a couple who had an empty cart.  I didn't think it could be mistaken for the full-ish one.  I pushed the orphan slowly toward that couple.  As I approached, the man said to the woman "This isn't your cart." They saw me pushing their items toward me.  The man immediately said to me,"She has had a very bad morning."  Turns out her flight was canceled and she was redirected all out of the way.  The story of many people these days.


I asked my greatgranddaughter, a very withit young lady, if she ever read my daily blog posts I email her.  "Sometimes".  A lovely answer.  If the day is too busy, if the title is off-putting, if I am a bit tired of Grandad, nah.  Judgment maturing!


CNN Photos of the Week: t.ly/8E_u


New report from astronomers on why we haven't met any intelligent life in other parts of the universe.  Their idea: all such forms killed themselves off as we are doing with climate change, etc.


Had a family gathering.  What noise!  What energy! What a pleasure!


Don't forget the library in your pocket.  Google, Duckduckgo and other search engines can immediately put you in touch with answers and new ideas.


I read of a man biking outdoors for exercise.  The path led beside a highway.  A deer ran in front of a car and was hit and thrown into the air.  The carcass landed on the biker!  Just what he needed?!

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby