Sunday, November 27, 2022

Up to date

I don't actually use my electronic devices.  I can't.  I am too busy.  Between keeping them charged (but not when they don't need it) and updating the operating systems and all those apps, I have a fulltime job.  


That is not completely true but is any statement completely true?  Even if it was completely true In My Opinion an hour ago, conditions may have changed and made it less true now.  Between updates and electricity charging, I have plenty to do.  How's that?  Is the truth value of that statement higher than the one in red?


It seems to me that using the on/off switch on a device has some interesting parallels to human life.  When Mommy and Daddy make a new person, that person develops a heartbeat that keeps plugging along for the rest of life.  We don't cotton to no interruptions. But if we could and did, we might be able to take energy-saving breaks and vacations.  Maybe even life-extending actions.  But then I would need another app on my iPad or my phone or my computer that would "scientifically" evaluate a proposed interruption for the estimated value so it could be compared to the probable value of continuing as usual.  Life is hard, right?  Tricky, complicated, full of estimates of this and estimates of that.  Maybe it's better to just continue to use the system we have and try to avoid getting too detailed. 

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby