Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Talking together

I attended a L.I.F.E.round table of open discussion today.  I think a rectangular table is okay.  My lunch group of all retired men used to sit at a round table and after we moved to a location that didn't have one, there were some mild complaints and wishes to find one again.  My hearing is worse than it was and too many statements and comments sound like the speaker has a mouthful of muffling mush.  If I ask about a word I didn't get, I usually get a calm, polite repetition but I know that can get annoying.


I suspect a criminal gang, a group of scientific researchers or a family facing a monetary shortfall sit and talk in somewhat similar ways.  Small groups talking together are one of humankind's main tools for solving problems and lifting spirits.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby