Friday, March 1, 2024

Found him!

The British Psychological Society posed the question: Is your partner the most annoying person you know?  I read that just after appreciating my wife, whom I consider my partner.  So I rejected the idea that she gives me the most annoyance.  I try not to be annoyed by anybody or anything, but I fail, sometimes for only a second and sometimes longer.  I asked my mindful self who is connected to the most annoyance I feel.  


Turns out the answer is clearly "Me!" I have a broad streak of laziness in me so when I have time and opportunity to go to the store, or get gas for the car, or shelve that book I was reading, I don't.  What is the matter with me?  I have no good reason not to create the internal permission and motivation but I persist.  


I have a memory that is chock-full (what is a chock?) of book titles and intriguing questions but I have to check what day of the week it is.  It is right in this area of little items to remember that I get the most annoyance.

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby