Tuesday, March 19, 2024

It is already spring!

I am surprised to find that it is already spring!!  The Spring equinox occurred hours ago!  


I like to try to keep things simple so I use the 21st of certain months for the official change of seasons.  But you know…. THE BEST LAID PLANS OF MICE AND MEN GANG OFT AGLEY


We try to keep track of things but nature, including that of our bodies and heads, is complicated.  As Pope Gregory XIII found when his astronomers had a little chat with him about the calendar.  Today is the 19th, so the mental adjustments needed to accommodate when I find that it isn't Thursday as I expected aren't burdensome.  It is still cold and sunny outside.  I don't expect there will be riots demanding that the days be restored in 1582.  I learned in graduate school that people were horrified and angry that 10 days had been removed from their lives. They angrily demanded those days be restored.  The days were not "restored".


Just so you have fewer electrifying surprises:


SUMMeR

Thursday, June 20, 4:51 P.M. EDT


FALL

Sunday, September 22, 8:44 A.M. EDT


Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby