Friday, March 22, 2024

What is that?

I have two prompts for myself to write today.  They are related to each other, both having to do with modern smartphones and their use.  I do own a reasonably smart phone.  It is a Motorola phone, not the ubiquitous iPhone.  Every time I see or hear "Motorola", I am only ten years old again, listening to The Lone Ranger on my bedroom table top radio.


In our house, we have Panasonic phones for our landline and I encourage their use, although with my deteriorating hearing, if someone calls and leaves a message, I often cannot decipher what they said to our answering machine.  Many electronic tasks in a modern household are explained by instructions that assume I have a smartphone quite close at hand and am familiar with everything it can do.That idea is far from true.


I am still vibrating with excitement over email.  I remember the excitement I felt in about 1990 over my discovery of email.  I realize that many friends and relatives don't look at email accounts for the good reason that nothing happens in them.  It's "texting", you silly old guy!

Popular Posts

Follow @olderkirby